Other third parties, such as Guides with which you make reservations through our Sites, Guides that you pay through our Sites, and social networks that you use in connection with our Sites, may also collect, use, and share information about you. This Policy does not cover such third parties or their services. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult with them directly.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Sites. We use this information to, among other things, provide the functionality and improve the quality of our Sites and personalize your experience. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number (including your mobile phone number), billing information, survey responses, demographics, primary location, current and prior Guide reservation details, special requests, passwords, contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your reservations through our Sites, and other information you provide on our Sites. If you use our mobile application, either to make reservations or to pay a Guide, we may also collect your mobile device ID, your precise location data, and the Guide search locations you select. For certain services on our Sites, credit or debit card account information may be required, as further described in the section called "Payment Card Information" below. We may also obtain information from other sources, such as third-party websites, applications, and services (each, a "Third-Party Platform"), through which you connect with our Sites and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information may be automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites, we may automatically collect your location, computer operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our Sites. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites using certain technologies, such as:
- Web Beacons - We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell whether you open an email and act upon it.
Do-Not-Track Signals - We currently do not employ technology that recognizes "do-not-track" signals from your browser. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or otherwise in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- make and change your reservations made through our Sites;
- offer you, or provide you with, products and services;
- operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance, personalize, and customize your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services, such as understanding your reservation history to make recommendations about other services you may like;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- display relevant advertising;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by ORMG, our subsidiaries, and affiliates; select Guides; and our other selected partners;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- authenticate your credit or debit card account information; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
By providing your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive direct dial calls, autodialed and prerecorded message calls, and text messages from us relating to our product and services at that number.
ORMG may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Information Shared With Guides
When you make a Guide reservation through our Sites, your information is provided to us and to the Guides with whom you choose to reserve. In order to facilitate your reservation, your information is provided to that Guide, just as it would if you made a reservation by calling the Guide, emailing the Guide, or using the Guide’s website. If you provide a mobile phone number, Guides may send you text messages regarding your reservation. When you make a Guide reservation through our Sites and/or make a payment to a Guide through our Sites, we may also share with the Guides additional information, such as information about your preferences and history or information that we collect via Third-Party Platforms. You also have the option of indicating special preferences or providing comments about your reservation that ORMG will pass on to that Guide.
We may share with Guides summary reports of feedback from customers. If you provide comments about a Guide through our Sites, these comments may be shared with that Guide. We will not tie your comments with other information that can identify you, but a Guide may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you give your name in the comments or provide contact information, such as an email address.
Information you choose to share with a Guide when you make a reservation and/or pay a Guide through our Sites may be used by the Guide for its own purposes. ORMG does not control the privacy practices of Guides. Please contact the Guide directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
Payment Card Information
To use certain services on our Sites, such as to make reservations with certain Guides; to make payments to certain Guides; and to purchase products or services, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Sites, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms.
- When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers.
- For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see Section called "Security of Your Personal Information" below.
Information You Share Socially
Our Sites may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. Our Sites may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use Third-Party Platforms, including those on which ORMG has a presence.
Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. ORMG also does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly if you want to learn about their privacy practices.
Sharing with Others
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as described above and as follows:
- We may share personal information when you authorize us to share your information with other third parties (such as the Guides at which you make reservations through our Sites) for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties.
- We may share personal information with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us. Such third-party vendors may include vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties.
- We may share your credit or debit card account information with third parties as described in the section called "Payment Card Information" above.
- We may share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of services offered by our Sites.
- We share personal information with third parties who provide services to us, such as data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as assistance with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit, or set their own cookies. We and our third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
- We may disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ORMG takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by ORMG or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your ORMG account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ORMG by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your ORMG account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
Cookie choices - Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Application location choices - Most mobile devices and modern web browsers allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
For questions about accessing, changing, or deleting your personal information, please visit http://www.Funtavo.com/ or contact customer support at 1-855-GOFISH1 (855-463-4741).
For questions or opinions on this Policy, please contact ORMG via email at email@example.com or by postal mail at: ORMG, Attn: Legal Department, 2701 Little Elm Parkway, Suite 100-447, Little Elm, Texas 75068.
SAFE HARBOR PROGRAM
ORMG is a participant in the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor program and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor program. We have certified that we adhere to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor program and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor website at www.export.gov/safeharbor.
BBB Safe Harbor Privacy Dispute Resolution
In compliance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, ORMG commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. European Union or Swiss citizens with inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy should first contact ORMG via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at ormg, attn legal department, 1936 bruce b. downs blvd., suite 123, wesley chapel, fl 33543-9262.
ORMG has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by ORMG, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR website at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a "California Customer") may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, subject to certain exceptions. In general, again, subject to certain exceptions, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom it disclosed personal information in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. One of the exceptions allows ORMG to provide California Customers a cost-free means to opt out of these disclosures instead of providing such list. Any customer may request to opt out of these disclosures by contacting ORMG as described above. California Customers may also request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at our address above.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
ORMG may update or revise this Policy from time to time. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above. You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our Sites. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our Sites.